DAY 1 - LONDON - AMSTERDAM
See the White Cliffs of Dover as you board your ferry to Calais. Travel through Belgium and later arrive in Amsterdam. Enjoy an orientation of the historic city centre followed by a Welcome Reception on a scenic canal cruise including a light dinner and welcome drinks.
Welcome Reception Hotel: Hilton/Mercure City
DAY 2 - AMSTERDAM - RHINE CRUISE - HEIDELBERG
Travel across the German border to the Rhine Valley. Relax as you cruise by fairytale countryside along the River Rhine, past terraced vineyards and medieval castles to the storybook village of St. Goar. Pass the famed Lorelei Rock, named after a mermaid who lured fishermen to their deaths with her mesmerising song. In Heidelberg view the red sandstone castle, one of the most important Renaissance structures north of the Alps, which towers above Germany's oldest university town.
Meal(s) Buffet Breakfast/ Dinner Hotel: Astoria/Marriott
DAY 3 - HEIDELBERG - SCHAFFHAUSEN - LUCERNE (2 NIGHTS)
Drive into the enchanting Black Forest and stop for a Cultural Insight cuckoo-clockmaking demonstration. Visit the dramatic Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen, the largest waterfall in Europe. Arrive later in Switzerland with its alpine scenery and enjoy magnificent views across Lake Lucerne.
Meal(s) Buffet Breakfast Hotel: Grand Hotel
DAY 4 - LUCERNE ORIENTATION AND FREE TIME
Walk across the 14th century Chapel Bridge on your morning orientation. Visit the solemn Lion Monument, commemorating the massacre of Swiss Guards in 1792. Spend the afternoon shopping in the old town for Swiss souvenirs and chocolates. Consider an Optional Experience up a local mountain for panoramic views and enjoy the fresh Alpine air by taking a leisurely walk beside the beautiful lake.
Meal(s) Buffet Breakfast
DAY 5 - LUCERNE - BURGUNDY - WINE REGION - PARIS (2 NIGHTS)
Notice the changing landscape as you travel into France through Alsace and across the Maginot Line. Continue through the Burgundy countryside − one of the country's main wine-producing regions, famous for Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grape varieties. This evening you may decide to take an Optional Experience to see a glittering Parisian Cabaret.
Meal(s) Buffet Breakfast Hotel: Pullman Paris La Defense
DAY 6 - PARIS SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME
Your Local Specialist shows you the sights including views of the Champs Élysées, the Arc de Triomphe and the magnificent Opera House, designed by Charles Garnier and opened in 1875. Ascend to the second level of the Eiffel Tower by elevator and view the city in all its glory. Spend the afternoon as you wish. Perhaps take an Optional Experience to visit the Palace of Versailles. Celebrate in the evening with your fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant.
DAY 7 - PARIS - LONDON
After breakfast say ‘au revoir' to Paris. Cross the poignant Somme battlefields and catch a glimpse of the Canadian War Memorial at Vimy Ridge. In Calais board a ferry to Dover, continuing to London by coach where your wonderful European holiday comes to an end.
Meal(s) Buffet Breakfast
# WHAT'S ALWAYS INCLUDED
- Cruise along the canals of Amsterdam and the River Rhine
- Orientation of Amsterdam, Heidelberg and Lucerne
- See the Lorelei Rock, Vineyards of Burgundy and the Somme Battlefields
- View the White Cliffs of Dover, the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne and the Champs Élysées, Arc de Triomphe and Opera House in Paris
- Visit the Rhine Falls in Schaffhausen, the Lion Monument in Lucerne and the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- The services of a London Travel Agency Local Host
- Return ferry across the Channel from Dover to Calais
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- FREE Airport transfers. Conditions apply.
Explore London and White Cliffs of Dover to the lush Burgundy vineyards of France and Amsterdam from its labyrinthine canals, soak up Lucerne's fresh Alpine air, and say 'bienvenue' to the splendour of Paris with European Highlights tours.
European Highlights - 10 Cities
Hand-picked 4 star accommodation