DAY 1 - LONDON - STRATFORD-UPON-AVON - YORK
Enjoy a scenic drive and visit Shakespeare's birthplace and Visitor Centre in Stratford-upon-Avon. View Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage. Later in York, view York Minster and walk along the famous Shambles. Tonight enjoy a Welcome Reception with a traditional pub meal. It's the ideal opportunity to get to know your Travel Director and fellow travellers.
Full Breakfast Hotel: Hotel 53
DAY 2 - YORK - HADRIAN’S WALL - FALKIRK (2 NIGHTS)
Head north and cross the River Tyne at Newcastle. Stop and view Hadrian's Wall before crossing into ‘Bonnie Scotland'. Enjoy the scenery of the Scottish borders before arriving at your hotel.
Full Breakfast Hotel: Macdonald Hotel
DAY 3 - EDINBURGH SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME
This morning discover the elegance of Edinburgh with your Local Specialist on an included city sightseeing tour. See the Royal Mile in the Old Town. View the Palace of Holyroodhouse and Arthur's Seat. Your choice of sightseeing means you could chose to visit either Edinburgh's Camera Obscura or Edinburgh Castle. Spend free time exploring on your own or join your Travel Director on an Optional Experience to visit the Royal Yacht Britannia. Tonight why not attend a lively Scottish banquet with traditional haggis and bagpipes? During the Edinburgh Festival your visit includes tickets to the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo on the castle grounds.
DAY 4 - EDINBURGH - GRETNA GREEN - LAKE DISTRICT - LIVERPOOL
Stop at Gretna Green, a town popular with eloping couples. Here the marriage ceremony was traditionally performed across a blacksmith's anvil. Admire the views throughout the scenic Lake District. These scenes provided William Wordsworth with the inspiration to write the poem ‘Daffodils'. Visit the town of Grasmere and see St. Oswald's church where the poet is buried. Later arrive in Liverpool, hometown of the 'Fab Four'.
Full Breakfast Hotel: Novotel/ Mercure Atlantic Tower
DAY 5 - LIVERPOOL - LUDLOW - CARDIFF
Visit the Tudor market town of Ludlow with its historic castle and timbered buildings. See the Malvern Hills as you cross into Wales and visit its capital, Cardiff. See Cardiff Bay, the Millenium Stadium and the Castle before arriving at your hotel. Tonight enjoy a Be My Guest Farewell Dinner at a local vineyard with beautiful views of the Welsh countryside.
Full Breakfast/ Dining Hotel: Hilton/ Jurys Inn
DAY 6 - CARDIFF - BATH - STONEHENGE - LONDON
Visit Bath and view the Abbey before visiting the Roman Baths. At Stonehenge visit the mystical stone monoliths before returning to London where your memorable holiday ends.
# WHAT'S ALWAYS INCLUDED
- Orientation of York, Grasmere, Liverpool, Cardiff and Bath
- Visit Shakespeare's birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, Edinburgh Castle, Gretna Green, the Roman Baths in Bath and Stonehenge
- View Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage, Hadrian's Wall, York Minster, the Lake District's magnificent scenery, Cardiff Castle and Bath Abbey
- See the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh and the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff
- 2 Dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Hand-picked 4 and 5 star accommodation
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- The services of a London Travel Agency Local Host
- Pick-up and drop-off if you stay at the Centtral London Hotels
- FREE Airport transfers. Conditions apply.
Explore Britain's cultural heritage, amazing landscapes and poetic legends on the Best Real Britain Tours. History surrounds you on this journey from the cathedral cities of York, Salisbury and Chester to the mystic monuments of Stonehenge, Shakespeare’s Stratford-Upon-Avon, Wordsworth’s Lake District and historic Edinburgh.
Hand-picked 4 star accommodation